Once students have completed CSC 101, CSC 202 and CSC 203, they should submit an CSC minor application (available HERE).
Cal Poly cumulative grade point average must be a 3.00 or higher and CSC 101, CSC 202 and CSC 203, must be completed with a 3.00 grade point average (no exceptions) to be eligible to request a CSC minor.
- Students must meet the university standards for minors outlined on: http://catalog.calpoly.edu/academicstandardsandpolicies/otherinformation/#AcademicMinors
- Completion of the minor required courses does not guarantee admission into the minor.
- Questions concerning the minor should be directed to Engineering Student Services (40-111).
- Students can only minor in ONE of the following minors: Computer Science, Data Science or Computing for Interactive Arts.
- The CSC minor is not available to CSC, CPE, or SE majors.
Disclaimer: All CSC courses are impacted. Registration preference each quarter may be given to CSC, CPE, and SE major students (thus, completing the minor may be difficult). Some CSC courses are crosslisted with CPE.
Required Courses (20 units)
- CPE 101 Fundamentals of Computer Science I (4)
- CPE 202 Fundamentals of Computer Science II (4) (formerly CPE 103)
- CPE 203 Fundamentals of Computer Science III (4) (formerly CPE 102)
- CSC 225 Intro to Computer Organizations (4)
- CSC 357 Systems Programming (4)
Approved Electives (12 units)
Students should choose from the approved list in the catalog.