Step 1: Complete CSC Minor Interest Form
This form is intended for students that are planning on pursuing the Computer Science Minor. This data will help the department understand and plan for potential demand in minor related courses. Please complete this form before taking minor coursework.
- CSC Minor Interest Form available HERE
Step 2: Meet CSC Minor Prerequisites
Cal Poly cumulative grade point average must be a 3.00 or higher and CSC 101, CSC 202 and CSC 203, must be completed with a 3.00 grade point average (no exceptions) to be eligible to request a CSC minor.
Step 3: Complete CSC Minor Application
Once students have completed CSC 101, CSC 202 and CSC 203 and meet above GPA requirements, they should submit an CSC minor application.
- CSC Minor Application available HERE
Step 4: Complete CSC Minor Requirements
Once accepted into the CSC minor, students must meet the university standards for minors outlined on: http://catalog.calpoly.edu/academicstandardsandpolicies/otherinformation/#AcademicMinors and fulfill the rest of the minor requirements outlined below:
Required Courses (20 units)
- CPE 101 Fundamentals of Computer Science I (4)
- CPE 202 Fundamentals of Computer Science II (4) (formerly CPE 103)
- CPE 203 Fundamentals of Computer Science III (4) (formerly CPE 102)
- CSC 225 Intro to Computer Organizations (4)
- CSC 357 Systems Programming (4)
Approved Electives (12 units)
- Students should choose from the approved list in the catalog.
Important Things to Know:
- All CSC courses are impacted. Registration preference each quarter may be given to CSC, CPE, and SE major students (thus, completing the minor may be difficult).
- Some CSC courses are crosslisted with CPE.
- Completion of the minor required courses does not guarantee admission into the minor.
- Questions concerning the minor should be directed to Engineering Student Services (40-115).
- Students can only minor in ONE of the following minors: Computer Science, Data Science or Computing for Interactive Arts.
- The CSC minor is not available to CSC, CPE, or SE majors.