Once students have completed CSC 101, CSC 102 and CSC 103, they should submit an CSC minor application (available HERE).
Cal Poly cumulative grade point average must be a 2.75 or higher and CSC 101, CSC 102 and CSC 103, must be completed with a 2.75 grade point average (no exceptions) to be eligible to request a CSC minor.
- The CSC minor consists of a total of 32 units. The required courses total 20 units and the advisor approved upper-division courses total 12 units (explained below). Minor courses can be counted toward the student's major, support, and general education & breadth requirements.
- Half of the total minor units must be 300-400 level coursework.
- Half of the courses that comprise the minor must be taken at Cal Poly.
- Completion of the minor required courses does not guarantee admission into the minor.
- Questions concerning the minor should be directed to Engineering Student Services (40-111).
- The CSC minor is not available to CSC, CPE, or SE majors.
Disclaimer: All CSC courses are impacted. Registration preference each quarter may be given to CSC, CPE, and SE major students (thus, completing the minor may be difficult). Some CSC courses are crosslisted with CPE.
Required Courses (20 units)
- CPE 101 Fundamentals of Computer Science I (4)
- CPE 202 Fundamentals of Computer Science II (4) (formerly CPE 103)
- CPE 203 Fundamentals of Computer Science III (4) (formerly CPE 102)
- CSC 225 Intro to Computer Organizations (4)
- CSC 357 Systems Programming (4)
Approved Electives (12 units)
Students should choose from the approved list in the catalog.