Flowchart and Curriculum Sheet
Department flowcharts provide an academic plan for graduating in four years. The flowcharts serve as a guide for planning purposes. If students have specific questions about taking classes not in line with the flowchart, they should talk to their faculty or academic advisor for clarification because some departments offer more flexibility than others.
Curriculum sheets provide an outline of all the requirements needed to complete a degree.
The flowchart and curriculum sheet can be downloaded from: http://flowcharts.calpoly.edu/mymap.php.
For catalogs prior to 2011-13, refer to: http://previouscatalogs.calpoly.edu/
Declaring a Concentration
It is important to declare your concentration as soon as possible (preferably at the beginning/middle of your second year). This will ensure your Degree Progress Report and Academic Progress Level is up to date for registration. Please note: a change of concentration will appear on your transcript, so it is important you are confident with your decision. For more information and to discuss your concentration options, please see your faculty advisor: https://bmed.calpoly.edu/faculty/.
In order to declare your concentration, follow the procedure below:
- Email email@example.com from your Cal Poly email address
- Use the subject line: Student Last Name/Concentration Name
- Include in the email body:
- Student Name:
- EMPL ID:
- Major: Biomedical Engineering
- Catalog Year: Concentrations are only available on 15-17 catalog. Note: Students following the 13-15 or previous catalogs should refer to the catalog for selection of technical and support electives.
- Concentration: Bioinstrumentation, Mechanical Design or General Curriculum