The College of Engineering has agreements with several overseas universities that give engineering students a unique opportunity!

It is a low cost program!
Participating students pay "Cal Poly" quarterly registration fees for the time they will be abroad, other fees include: airfare, transportation, housing, meals, and travel. Students don't pay any of the host campus's fees. To learn more about the costs associated with our exchange programs please see our budget estimates for each school. 

For students applying for exchange Fall 2013, it is likely that there will be an administrative fee of $400 for each applicant. This fee will be placed (if your application is approved) at the time of registration for the Fall 2013 quarter.  

Transfer credit for courses taken abroad
All students must submit course substitution petitions for each course you want to receive major/support or GE credit. All major courses are evaluated by the student’s department faculty.  Students may contact their department’s faculty advisor for advice on course equivalency. Information on obtaining credit for GE courses is available at the Cal Poly International Center office (building 38, room 145).  

Most universities offer courses taught in English
Please come to our IEP walk-in hours to learn more about the schools that offer coursework in English or visit our Exchange Partner’s University’s website (see links below) to learn more about this.

Exchanges are arranged relatively easily with minimal red tape
To be eligible for the exchange program, engineering students: must have a 2.5 overall Cal Poly grade point average and must be able to demonstrate that they can take courses for their major (we recommend students be in their third year of study). Some programs require students to be in their fourth year of study. To learn more about this, click on the Exchange Partner Universities links below.

Gain self-awareness and independence 

Our programs are unique because they allow students the flexibility to plan their study abroad trips at their convenience.  Once you have been accepted into the program, students are responsible to arrange all travel details, including passport, visa, and abroad excursions. These experiences allow students to be self-directed, gain self-awareness, independence and learn problem solving skills.

Students are not eligible for the exchange if he or she has been on Academic Probation the quarter prior to submitting the application. If the student goes on AP during the application process, the student will not be allowed to participate in the program.

Exchange Partner Universities: