Many students face academic difficulty at some point in their college careers—you are not alone! There are many people across campus that are here to support you and your academic journey. Here are some things to know:
Understand the Policy and Resources Available
The Mustang Success Center has put together a comprehensive webpage that covers the following topics:
- Understanding the Academic Probation & Disqualification Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions about being on Academic Probation/Disqualification
- What is next?
- Getting back on track
- Academic Support
CHECK IT OUT HERE: http://advising.calpoly.edu/academic-probation-support
Attend a Required Intervention
Students on Academic Probation in the College of Engineering will be required to fulfill an intervention. The intervention will differ by a student's year in school and the total times they have been on Academic Probation. All students will receive an email stating exactly what they are required to do. To summarize here are interventions required of engineering students on Academic Probation.
- First-Year Freshmen Students: Complete PolyLearn and attend First-Year Success Program. For more information please contact Cassie Pitkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Mustang Success Center.
- First-Year Transfer Students: Complete PolyLearn and attend Transfer Success Program. For more information please contact Gina Salazar (email@example.com) in the Mustang Success Center.
- Second-Year & Beyond, who are on Academic Probation for the FIRST time: Complete Success Plan and meet with a faculty advsior to review and sign. See the "Faculty Advisors" section on: https://eadvise.calpoly.edu/about/ for a list of faculty advsiors. For more information please contact Engineering Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Second-Year & Beyond, who have been on Academic Probation 2-5 times: Attend "Bouncing Back Workshop" -OR- meet with an advisor in Engineering Student Services. Students who would like to meet with an advsior must submit the worksheet linked HERE. For more information please contact Engineering Student Services at email@example.com.
- Students who have been on 6-8 times: Students will be contacted by an academic coach. Students are highly encouraged to meet with their coach at least three times over the quarter. For more information please contact Engineering Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.