Many students face academic difficulty at some point in their college careers—you are not alone! There are many people across campus that are here to support you and your academic journey. Here are some things to know:
Understand the Policy and Resources Available
The Mustang Success Center has put together a comprehensive webpage that covers the following topics:
- Understanding the Academic Probation & Disqualification Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions about being on Academic Probation/Disqualification
- What is next?
- Getting back on track
- Academic Support
CHECK IT OUT HERE: http://advising.calpoly.edu/academic-probation-support
Complete Your AP Requirement
Students on Academic Probation in the College of Engineering are held to specific requirements. These requirements will differ by a student's year in school and their cumulative GPA. All students will receive an email stating exactly what they are required to do. Students who fail to complete the requirements below by the deadline stated in the email, will have a hold placed on their registration. In addition to a survey, below is a summary of the requirements engineering students on academic probation will complete:
- Freshmen students admitted Fall 2017: Participate in the the First Year Success Program. For more information please contact Mustang Success Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer students admitted Fall 2017: Attend "The Survivor's Guide to Academic Probation: Transfer Edition" on Thursday, January 11th from 6:10-8:00pm (Building 40, Room 113). For more information please contact Jackie Duerr (email@example.com) or Greg Roldan (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Engineering Student Services.
- Students on probation with CPSLO cumulative GPA 2.4 or higher: Complete Success Plan and meet with a faculty advsior to review and sign by February 2, 2018. For a list of faculty advisor see: https://eadvise.calpoly.edu/faculty-advising/. For more information please contact Engineering Student Services at email@example.com.
- Students on probation with CPSLO cumulative between 2.0-2.4: Attend a workshop offered by Engineering Student Services during Winter Quarter (check email for times) -OR- meet with an advisor in Engineering Student Services. Students who would like to meet with an advsior must submit the worksheet linked HERE. One of these must be completed by Febrary 2, 2018. For more information please contact Engineering Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students on probation with CPSLO cumulative below a 2.0: Meet with an advisor in Engineering Student Services by February 2, 2018. Students must complete and bring the worksheet linked HERE to their meeting. For more information please contact Engineering Student Services at email@example.com.
- Students that are disqualified can appeal the status no later than 5pm on Wednesday December 20th. The appeal is available in the email sent from the Office of the Registar.